There will be a special convention on Monday, August 6, at 6:00 PM at the RPSC Campaign Headquarters [714 N. Germantown Parkway #21, Cordova, TN 38018] to select the Republican nominee in Tenn. House Dist. 99. Qualified individuals will be allowed to address the convention and should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to [1779 Kirby Parkway #1-63, Memphis, TN 38138] & must be received no later than noon, Monday, Aug. 6.
General Provisions Governing Qualifications for Office:
The general qualifications of persons permitted to hold public office are set out in TCA § 8-18-101. This section provides that all persons of the age of eighteen (18) years who are citizens of the United States and of this state, and have been inhabitants of the state, county, district, or circuit for the period required by the constitution and laws of the state, are qualified to hold office under the authority of this state except:
- Those who have been convicted of offering or giving a bribe, or of larceny, or any other offense declared infamous by law, unless restored to citizenship in the mode pointed out by law;
- Those against whom there is a judgment unpaid for any moneys received by them, in any official capacity, due to the United States, to this state, or any county thereof;
- Those who are defaulters to the treasury at the time of the election, and the election of any such person shall be void;
- Soldiers, seamen, marines, or airmen in the regular army or navy or air force of the United States; and
- Members of congress, and persons holding any office of profit or trust under any foreign power, other state of the union, or under the United States.
For State Representative
- Basic qualifications of TCA 8-18-101; and
- Shall be a citizen of the United States, at least 21 years of age, and shall have resided 3 years in this State and 1 year in the county represented immediately preceding the election. (TN Constitution Article 2, Section 9)
- Each district shall be represented by a qualified voter of that district. (TN Constitution Article 2, Section 5a)
Must Meet the following Bona Fide Republican Standard
Any individual who is vouched for in writing to the satisfaction of the State Chairman as a bona fide Republican, such as by an officer of the TRP, a member of the SEC, CEC of the County where the individual resides, or a Republican elected official. The State Chairman may require additional verification that the individual in question is indeed a bona fide Republican, and shall have final authority to make the determination.
a. Each CEC shall submit an updated list of recognized auxiliary organizations prior to their biennial reorganization. The State Chairman has final authority on all approved auxiliary organizations.